PRIVACY STATEMENT – DIOR VALENTINA
Confidentiality and security of your personal data are important to us. We would like to offer you personalized services while respecting your privacy and choices.
Dior Valentina’s 7 key engagements towards you and your personal data:
- Dior Valentina is engaged to respecting your privacy and your choices, particularly with respect to our commercial communications
- Dior Valentina is engaged in seeking the best security and applying the appropriate protection standards in its systems
- Dior Valentina will not sell your data
- Dior Valentina will only work with trusted partners
- Dior Valentina is engaged in updating its privacy notices and policies as regularly as possible
- Dior Valentina undertakes to respond to your requests as far as possible and within the time limits set
- Dior Valentina is engaged to applying data protection rights in a harmonized manner regardless of your location in the world
In this Policy you will find information on:
- What data we can collect about you;
- How we collect or receive your data;
- For what purposes we use it;
- How long we can keep it;
- Who can access your data;
- How we protect it and keep it confidential;
- How we address consumer preferences and individual rights;
- How to contact us if you have questions about our use of your personal data;
- How we protect children’s privacy;
- The management of cookies on diorvalentina.com website; and
WHAT data may we collect about you?
"Personal data" means any information that could identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. through a unique client ID number).
The personal data we collect depends upon the touchpoint of our interaction, and is also limited to that which is relevant and appropriate for the interaction. Website visitors who browse Diorvalentina.com and view our products, information and offerings can choose to do so without identifying themselves, and the same applies to in-store and social media browsing. Unless you choose to interact with us via those touchpoints, such as by making a purchase on our site, signing up for one of our programs (for example: My Exclusive Membership Program by Dior Valentina) or services, asking us a question, or posting a comment or a like online, our data collection is limited to the use of ‘cookies’ for website visitors.
For customers and other individuals who sign up for programs or services or otherwise interact with us beyond browsing our site, we must collect certain relevant information from you. The information we collect is related to the particular transaction as well as our overall relationship with you. For example, if you make purchases from DiorValentina.com or in our stores, we must collect information to process (and, if relevant, fulfill and ship) your order. For customers and other individuals who sign up for our programs or services, we generally collect your contact details, contact preferences, and information that will allow us to make recommendations to you about our products or services that may be of interest. We may centralize the information pertaining to our customers so that we have it organized in one place, as this helps us manage our relationship with you as well as your choices and preferences. Finally, if you subscribe to our personalized newsletter, we collect your email address.
Depending on the data you provide or share with us, personal data may include information related to:
- Your identity and your contact details;
- Your interests;
- Your purchases (in store or online, including your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices, the amount and type of your purchase) and any returns or exchanges;
- Your in store or online digital experiences (online no photos or images are retained.);
- Your online journeys (diorvalentina.com, social media pages, partner websites and databases);
- Your requests through our customer department or our public relations department;
- Your publications and mentions of our products on social networks;
- The Dior Valentina events you attend; or
Regarding your purchases, your bank details are encrypted through Dior Valentina servers. Payments are made via a secure payment platform which is PCI-DSS certified, supplemented by control measures, to ensure the security of purchases made and to fight against fraud.
We invite you to keep us regularly informed in writing of any change in your contact details.
HOW do we collect or receive your data?
As part of our relationships, we may collect certain data via the following touchpoints:
- Diorvalentina.com journey;
- In-store relationship with our salesperson;
- Dior Valentina events you attend;
- Public Relations relationship;
- Contact with Customer Department;
- Forms you complete (in store or online);
- Relational program you benefit from;
- Dior Valentina social media pages you visit or comment/like;
- Social media pages on which you post Dior Valentina content or comments;
- Digital Media Advertising you click on;
- Search Engines Paid Advertising you click on;
- Retailers in which you consent to receive our communications; or
- Surveys or satisfaction questionnaire you answer.
In relation to our programs and events, the personal data essential to Dior Valentina is indicated by an asterisk on each personal data collection form. If you do not provide the data marked with an asterisk, this may affect the products and services that we can provide to you. Other information is optional and allows us to know you better and to improve our communications and services to you.
During your purchase journey, you will be able to choose between i) logging into your existing Dior Valentina account, ii) creating a new account, or iii) paying as a Guest (or also called Guest Check out). This last purchasing experience is thus summarized as follows.
Payment for purchases as a Guest refers to the possibility for any Dior Valentina customer or prospect to make a purchase in our online store without logging into an account. Your information is collected for the process of payment and delivery of items or for Dior Valentina in order to comply with applicable laws. Your information may also be used for analytical purposes by Dior Valentina and for communication purposes via its preferred channel. For more information on these purposes, please go to the section below, under the "Analysis and personalization purposes" section.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES are your data used by Dior Valentina?
As part of our relationship, depending on the context in which your data is collected, we use your data for:
- the management of your orders;
- the management of the personalized content, communications and interactions with Dior Valentina (digital or otherwise);
- the management of your account and profile (For example, in order to simplify your navigation through the different markets on our website: if you navigate to another market, your customer account will automatically be duplicated in that market. This means that it will not be necessary to create a new customer account);
- the management of your relational program;
- the management of your requests linked with Dior Valentina;
- the management of events which you register for / attend;
- the management of our website;
- the management and improvement of our products and services, image and reputation;
- The management of payments (online transaction security, fraud prevention, legal and compliance related purposes, payment incidents and debt collection);
- the sending of a generic newsletter: you have the right to object if you no longer wish to receive it;
- Analysis purposes:
> analyze your preferences and habits, anticipate your needs from of your consumer profile and your publications/mentions on social networks.
> personalized customer experience: we may provide you with personalized communications by means of email, postal mail, SMS or calls based on the communication preferences you have indicated and your consumer profile (where permitted). (With your free, specific, informed and unambiguous consent (where required), we use your personal data to send you personalized communications based on your interests (newsletters, offers, invitations and surveys).
In the latter two interactions ('analyzing your preferences and habits' & 'providing you with a personalized customer experience'), when we send personalized communications or content, we may use so-called profiling techniques. For the sake of transparency within this Statement, profiling is defined as any kind of automated processing of personal data which consists of using that personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict elements relating to the preferences, interests, behavior or location of that natural person. In these circumstances, you have the right of opposition, meaning the right to withdraw your consent.
The legal basis for the processing of your data can be, depending in which context your data is collected:
- Your consent (e.g. to manage our tailored services, managing your browsing via cookies);
- The performance of a contract (e.g. managing your access to your customer account, processing and tracking your orders, your subscription to our membership program);
- A legal obligation when processing is required by law (e.g. retention of purchase invoices); or
- Our legitimate interest: improve our products and services, prevent fraud, secure our tools or tailor our communications.
FOR HOW LONG may we keep it?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need it to fulfill the purpose of collection, to meet your needs, or to comply with our legal or business obligations.
- Data subject: Prospect
Duration: 3 years from the date of data collection
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Dior Valentina (e.g. participation in an event) or your consent to continue to interact at the end of this period
- Data subject: customer care (i.e.: calls for assistance, complaints or information)
Duration: duration of the processing of the request, or 30 days maximum
- Data subject: Client ‘Guest’ (i.e. not having a Client account)
Duration: 5 years from the date of first purchase
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Dior Valentina (e.g. a purchase)
- Data subject: customer care (i.e.: complaints or information)
Duration: duration of the processing of the request plus 5 years. For exercises of rights, under GDPR, the request is kept during its treatment plus 6 years
Where cookies are placed on your computer, we shall keep them for no more than 6 months.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
WHO may access your data?
Your data are for Dior Valentina services dealing with your requests. We ensure that only duly authorized persons can access your personal data when necessary for the above-mentioned purposes.
We do not give your data to third parties for separate commercial purposes.
We communicate your information where necessary, and if possible in a form that does not allow a direct identification to:
- Other Dior Valentina entities to provide you with the same personalized service worldwide
- Department stores in which you buy our products
- Our trusted third-party partners assisting us in the management of your orders. In particular, we entrust certain services to third parties in charge of delivering you a product, payment service providers and providers securing transactions against fraud.
Please note that these partners may act as data controller; in such case, they have their own privacy policies:
- Third parties in the event of a change of control, for legal reasons, or with your prior consent
- Third parties wishing to know your main interests to constitute similar audiences and target prospects that match your profile. In the context of this specific data processing, Dior Valentina is not the Data Controller relating to prospecting and you will not be subject to prospecting, your data is only used to constitute profiles similar to yours
We illustrate some examples below:
- Third parties conducting statistics on our performance on social networks on our behalf
You may also choose to disclose your personal data to certain partners, advertisers or affiliates by following a link to and from their websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies which apply to the personal data that you may choose to entrust to them.
We may also offer you the opportunity to use your social media login. Please be aware that in this case you are sharing your profile information with us. The personal data shared depends on your social media platform settings. Please note that these social networks have their own privacy policies.
HOW do we protect it and keep it confidential?
We have adopted reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and organizational security safeguards to protect your data from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or access by unauthorized third parties. The security safeguards that we have adopted are commensurate with the sensitivity of the particular data collected. For example, credit, debit and other payment information technology is more sensitive than ordinary browsing data and is subject to stricter security measures.
We also require our partners and group companies to uphold a substantially similar level of protection for your data. The measures are evaluated and updated to address new threats and challenges, as well as new legal requirements in the countries where we operate.
How are consumer preferences and individual rights addressed?
In accordance with applicable laws and requirements, Dior Valentina have put in place measures to fulfill the rights of individuals in relation to the personal data that we (or our third parties) hold about them. This includes, for example, the right to know about the data we hold about you or to obtain a copy, and the limited rights to amend your data, request erasure, or object to the processing of your data. We encourage individuals who have entrusted their data to us to keep it current (such as if you change your email address, address or phone number), so that we have your correct information on file. We also encourage consumers to update their preferences with us, such as in relation to products and the frequency of contacts, so that we can personalize our service to your expectations and needs. Finally, we offer individuals the right to withdraw consent from our programs and offerings at any time. To do so, or to exercise any of these other rights, please use our Contact Us link on DiorValentina.com, or email us at email@example.com. For individuals seeking access to their data, we also require authentication to ensure that we are not providing personal data to an unauthorized person.
- United States Consumer Privacy Rights.
California Consumer Privacy Act and certain similar consumer privacy laws in other states, which we wish to summarize under this section. To this effect, Dior Valentina complies with rights of consumers regarding the personal data that we collect and hold about them. Those rights vary by region, and by state within the U.S.
Dior Valentina does not sell personal data obtained about our customers or other consumers. Rather, when we entrust personal data pertaining to our customers to third party partners, those organizations are evaluated in advance to ensure that they are capable of upholding a substantially similar level of protection for your data as that provided by Dior Valentina. They must also confirm in writing that they will only use the data for purposes of carrying out their services for Dior Valentina, and not for any separate purposes.
For California residents, please click here to see our complete California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) Privacy Notice. The high level points from that Notice are also summarized below.
- In a nutshell, the CCPA is a California law that gives California consumers additional rights relating to the personal information collected about them. The main rights under that law are:
- The right to request that a business do not ‘sell’ your personal information;
- The right to know what personal information is collected about you (or request a copy);
- The right to request deletion of your personal information (with reasonable exceptions).
- These rights can be exercised by the California consumer or their designee (“authorized agent”).
- In addition to those main rights, the CCPA also includes certain additional rights, such as:
- The right to no discrimination, including in relation to exercising your other CCPA rights;
- Additional protections for minors age 13-16 in relation to marketing activities
- Certain protections for individuals with disabilities to be able to exercise their CCPA rights;
- Certain rights to file claims against companies that violate the CCPA.
To exercise your consumer privacy rights in accordance with your state’s law, please email our customer care team at the contact details below. Please note that you may be asked to provide information to authenticate yourself in connection with fulfilling your request.
How does Dior Valentina protect children's privacy?
Dior Valentina has adopted practices that are designed to ensure that we do not to collect or maintain any information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we mistakenly collected any information from anyone under the age of 13, we will purge it immediately, except for responding to a question or inquiry on a one-time basis from the individual or his/her parent or legal guardian.
If you have any general questions on about how we process and use your personal data, or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 1 877-from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm PST. If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at email@example.com